State Bank Secure OTP App” is an OTP generation App for Internet Banking transactions (INB) done through Onlinesbi and State Bank Anywhere App which can be downloaded from Google Playstore. URL is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sbi.SBISecure
1. Who can use the application?
Any internet banking user can use the application for generating OTP for INB related transactions/activities.
2. I am an INB user with enquiry rights only. Can I use the application?
Yes. Activities like LPG registration, Windows App registration etc are not of financial nature but they still require OTP. Hence all users can use the State Bank Secure OTP App.
3. What is the use of the application?
The application will replace the need for receiving the OTP for INB transactions via SMS. OTP can be generated using the application after it is registered . SIM card is not needed for Offline OTP. The application will provide OTP with Internet connectivity when Online OTP is chosen. When the internet connectivity is not available in mobile the Offline OTP option can be used.
4. How do I get the application?
The application will be available in the market place of Android. The app will also be made available for IOS, Windows and Blackberry shortly.
5. How do I register for this application?
Enter your Internet Banking(INB) credentials to register for the application. Enter the OTP received in your INB registered mobile number and set your mPIN to complete the one time registration for the App.
6. Can I use the application in multiple mobile phones?
No. Once you have registered for the application in one device the same device has to be used for generating OTP.
If you wish to register for the App in another mobile please de-register the App from your Internet Banking>> Profile>> High Security Options.
7. What if I lost my phone where the Secure OTP App has been registered? How do I perform INB transactions now?
If the mobile is lost/stolen immediately login to Onlinesbi and go to “Profile>> High Security Option” and deregister the State Bank Secure OTP App. You will immediately start receiving OTP in your INB registered mobile number for your transactions.
Alternatively, if you are using another mobile then register the new mobile to use the State Bank Secure OTP App.
8. What happens if I forgot my mPIN for the application?
After 3 invalid attempts to login to your application using the mPIN the application will be reset. You have to register again to the application using your INB credentials and the OTP received in your INB registered mobile number.
There is a forgot mPin option provided in the login screen of the application which will de-register the application from the mobile. Please login to Onlinesbi and go to “Profile>> High Security Option” and deregister the State Bank Secure OTP App for receiving SMS OTP. You can re-register the application again in your mobile and continue using the same for OTP generation.
9. What are the options available in the State Bank Secure OTP App?
You can generate Online and Offline OTP using the application. There is a settings menu where there is a facility to change your mPin and for de-registering the State Bank Secure App from your mobile.
10. How do I de-register the application from mobile?
You can click on the de-register option provided in the “Settings” menu within the application. Then go to Onlinesbi “Profile>> High Security Option” and deregister the State Bank Secure OTP App from there as well to complete the de-registration process.
Please note that after de-registration you will start receiving the OTP in your mobile number that has been registered with INB.
11. Will this application generate OTP for my State Bank Anywhere App also?
Yes. Once you have registered the State Bank Secure OTP application, all transactions that require OTP done through State Bank Anyehere version 4.2.0 and above will prompt for online/offline mode of OTP to be chosen. You can use your State Bank Secure OTP for generation of the OTP for such transactions.
Please note that if you are using an older version of State Bank Anywhere it is recommended that you update the same by visiting the application market place. You will no longer receive OTP through SMS for the transaction done through State Bank Anywhere.
12. What is Online OTP and Offline OTP in my State Bank Secure OTP app?
If you select “Online” option in Onlinesbi in the transaction confirmation page then please select “Online OTP” in the State Bank Secure OTP app also to generate the OTP.
If you select “Offline” in Onlinesbi in the transaction confirmation page, a random number will be shown in the next page where OTP is to be entered, now please select “Offline OTP” in State Bank Secure OTP app. Please enter the random number in the SB Secure OTP app and generate an OTP.
13. State Bank Secure OTP App is showing a message that there are no live transactions to generate OTP when I click on the online option inside the app, why?
You have to select the online option and click on submit in your Onlinesbi/SB Anywhere transaction page before choosing online option in the SB Secure OTP app.
If problem still persists, we recommend that you de-register and register the application again.
Latest posts by Satyam Baral (see all)
- [Updated]List of debit & credit card accepted by Paypal - May 22, 2017
- Restoring a Domain Name’s Zone File Records in godaddy. - Mar 16, 2017
- What is the difference between Maestro, Master Card and Visa? - Mar 10, 2017
- How To Disconnect/Surrender Bsnl Broadband/Landline Online/ Through CSC - Feb 15, 2017
- Book Tatkal tickets on IRCTC Rail Connect App - Feb 14, 2017